Friday, June 25, 2010

Update


I took a week off. I spent the entire time sleeping and reading superfluous books that didn't benefit my mind in any grand way. Now I am back and ready to get some things done.

I started private piano lessons, and I enjoy my teacher very much. She is not only interesting in the performing side but also takes the theory and musicology side seriously. She has me listening to pieces and researching the history of them. The piece she has me working on right now is the second movement of Moonlight Sonata. My timing is off, but so far my notes are right. I am determined to accomplish this piece.

Violin is going well too. Working extremely hard, and I am on a new minuet. I am told my bowing technique is getting better, but it is always a little hard to determine one's own progress.

Over all I feel I must work even harder at my music to catch up for not having the opportunity to play when I was younger.

Besides music, I have working hard on essays for various competitions, and preparing for my SATs, because all the colleges and universities I want to transfer to require excellency. :D

I'm also figuring out where I would like to volunteer. There are some really interesting places that I think I would like to donate my time to.

On a less serious note, my birthday is fast approaching and I am told I will probably get the camera I want for it. I am rather excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment