Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Waking Up... Still?


My thoughts this morning:


What is that? Oh it's my cat. Why is she meowing at me? Oh she has a sock, which she presents as a gift... of many. I am surrounded by socks. Where on earth did all these socks come from? I thought I kept them in drawers. All of my drawers are closed! My cat is magic.


Fall back to sleep. Dog (Charlie) starts whining. Wants out to pee.


Damn it. Maybe if I just ignore it... no, that's a bad idea. Charlie will pee on floor, then I'll have to get up AND clean up pee. Should just get up now.


I get up and let Charlie out. A few minutes later I let her back in.


What is that smell? What is that? That isn't normal. That smell is on Charlie. This is not good. Charlie apparently made friends with a skunk this morning... or many.


And so that has been my morning. My animals presented me with many uh, "situations," before I even had a chance to properly prepare myself for the day. However, I have managed to get a lot of violin practice in. Violin practice really forces you to wake up--coordination! So I feel that I am almost ready to begin the other "chores" of the day.


I have to clean some more. Have a guest coming over later, and thanks to Charlie I now have to figure out how to get rid of that smell. Not to mention the socks, which have migrated all over the house. All over! And of course there are the essays that I must attend to. And piano. Would like to at least get an hour of piano in.


Playlist:


1. Variations On a Noel by Dupre


(Pleasant, fascinating... wakes me up intellectually.)


2. Cantata, BWV 21 by Bach


(Same as above, but makes me feel more creative--perfect for essays.)


3. Waltz #2 In A Flat, Op. 34/1, "Valse Brillante" by Chopin


(Inspired? Yes. Determined to practice now? Of course.)


4. Etude #12 In C Minor, Op. 10/12, CT 25, "Revolutionary" by Chopin


(Not only am I inspired and determined, but now I am also highly energized. I bet you are too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment